Tongdee Boats

long tail boats

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > price of the long tail

fin

What is the cost of the longtail set up in Thailand?

January 15, 2011 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sean
Site Owner

Finn,

Havent bought one in a while but I amagine they are somewhat less than $ 200. US. All parts less the engine. I can provide an current price if requested.

Sean

January 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

muddin redneck

i would like to know what the price of a longtail would be. i am only interested in the motor coupling and the props b/c i can make the shaft and tube here and get the bushings here i am hoping that it will cut down on shipping. i am looking for a price quote on one that would fit a 390cc honda 4stroke engine. and i am also wondering what it would cost to ship to the usa zip code 52761.

thanks

muddin redneck

January 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seagoing Cowboy

I have family in Thailand who already checked on the shipping for me, and I remember it costing far more than the kit itself.  It was a lot more than I was willing to spend.  You might watch ebay or craigslist.  I see them on there occasionally.

I'm going to Thailand shortly, and will be bringing a few kits back in my luggage in early April.  Your welcome to contact me then if your still haven't found one.

January 24, 2011 at 9:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gene

I f someone builds their own shaft drive, Where do they purchase the bushings they use in the shafts, here in the usa. I could find brass bushings but not any wood or plastic yet. I tried to get some  from sps but they don't sell parts unless you have proof of serial # that you purchased it from them. They do sell the plastic prop bearing though on ebay. I bought a kkk, but they never said anything about parts when I bout it. I would just like the challenge of building a 13 Honda longtail, for fun.

October 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

duckman314

I would contact the CLP guys:

www.beaverdammudrunners.com

They seem to be very nice and I bet they would sell you some bushings.  However, they might not fit a KKK- I'd ask them.

October 29, 2013 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.